Upgrading your Windows 8 system to Windows 8.1 is simple enough through the Microsoft Store, but if you need to reinstall it or run the update on more than one PC, it can be inconvenient and time-consuming since Microsoft doesn't give you the option to save the update files.
- Where to Download Windows 10, 8.1, and 7 ISOs Legally. Walter Glenn @wjglenn Updated May 29. Download the Windows 10 or 8.1 ISO Using the Media Creation Tool. The best way is to use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool to put that ISO file onto a USB drive.
- How to Install Windows 8.1 from a USB Flash Drive [Updated] By Brian Burgess. Last Updated on October 19, 2013. It’s not accepting to download 8.1 ISO.
If you need to install or reinstall Windows 8.1, you can use the tools on this page to create your own installation media using either a USB flash drive or a DVD. Use the media creation tool (aprx. 1.41MB) to download Windows. This tool provides the best download experience for customers running.
There's a trick, however, that allows you to download the official Windows 8.1 ISO from Microsoft's servers with your Windows 8 product key. With the Windows 8.1 ISO, you can create DVD or USB media to update a Windows 8 PC to Windows 8.1. Unfortunately, as Paul Thurrott over at WinSupersite mentions, you can't use the ISO to perform a clean install of Windows 8.1 with a Windows 8 product key. The ISO is still worth having, though, just to be able to bypass the Microsoft Store when upgrading to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8. Here's how to download the official Windows 8.1 ISO:
Step 1: Go to Microsoft's page for upgrading to Windows 8 with a product key, then click on the light blue 'Install Windows 8' button.
Step 2: Launch the setup file (Windows8-Setup.exe) and enter your Windows 8 product key when prompted. Continue the setup process until it begins downloading Windows 8.
Step 3: Close the Windows 8 setup window and confirm that you want to quit the setup.
Step 4: Back at the Microsoft upgrading to Windows 8 with a product key page, click on the light blue 'Install Windows 8.1' button this time.
Step 5: Launch the setup file (WindowsSetupBox.exe), which will begin downloading the Windows 8.1 ISO.
Step 6: Once the ISO finishes downloading, the installer will take several minutes to check the download and uncompress the install files. When you're prompted to choose an installation option, pick 'Install by creating media.'
Step 7: Decide whether you want the installer to create USB flash drive media, or save the ISO file.
If you choose ISO, the ISO file (Windows.iso) will be saved to your PC and you'll be given the option to burn it to DVD. Once completed, you can actually go back and create the USB flash drive media as well. Just click on the 'Install Windows' link on your Windows desktop. You'll be prompted to choose your installation option again. Pick 'Install by creating media' again, insert a 4GB or larger USB flash drive, then choose the USB flash drive option. If you have any problems creating the USB flash media, you can still use the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool to create USB media with the Windows 8.1 ISO.
Uber versus Lyft: Which one really saves you money?: We compare solo rides, shared rides and subscriptions.
6 steps to secure your Facebook account now: Are you really as safe as you could be?
- ReviewImproved Windows still torn between tablet future and PC past
- PreviewMicrosoft compromises on some features, adds a few more
- NewsMicrosoft Windows 8.1 free to Windows 8 users, $119.99 and up for others
Usually, whenever a new OS or OS update release happens, Microsoft will allow users to download it from the installer or download it as ISO to install them whenever we want using DVD/USB media. When Windows 8.1 was released this week, Microsoft made it available through Windows Store. However, there are ways to download Windows 8.1 ISO from Microsoft. Neowin posted the below steps which you can follow to download the ISO and install it from USB stick.
- Head over to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only
- Scroll down and click Install Windows 8 (This will trigger the installer assistant).
- Enter your Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro or Windows 8 Upgrade product key, confirm that you will be downloading the bits for the version you paid for.
- As soon as it starts downloading, close the installer assistant from the (X) in the top-right corner.
- Go back to the Microsoft Windows upgrade page, click Install Windows 8.1, and download the newer installer assistant.
- Run the newer install assistant.
- When the download is complete, you can choose to install the OS right-then, or you can choose the option: Install by creating media. This option will allow you to create a USB/DVD media.
- Select USB drive if you want to install the installation files to a USB stick or select the ISO option if you want to obtain the ISO.
Windows 81 Usb Iso Download Pc
Enjoy the Windows 8.1 experience after installing from the downloaded ISO. Neowin has even got some screenshots of the process. Check them out from the link below.
Usb Iso Boot